Friday, May 23, 2008

Thoughts

As I sit here contemplating on what thoughts I should pen (well type) to my new blog, which is something I've never done before and am completely unfamiliar with, I've come to realize that I can put down in words anything I see fit (well almost anything). This is MY blog!

I thought I'd first discuss how I chose my blog name, Simply Lovely. I've always loved the word 'lovely' and its definition because it can be used so often in descriptions; lovely flowers, the lovely weather, oh what lovely children, the lovely world, even what lovely fruit, etc., and so on. When I first learned that the Bible tells us that when we die and go to heaven, God will give us a new name, my thoughts immediately went to "well I hope He calls me Lovely." My heart's desire is that the Lord will look at me and say, "you are simply lovely, therefore I will call you 'Lovely.'"

My thoughts for this day were mostly about what to have for dinner and what time to go to bed tonight so that I can get up early tomorrow. Sounds pretty boring doesn't it??? It was one of those weeks of partial busyness and partial boredom. Circumstances beyond my control have stifled me for a couple of days, some car trouble and a sick child have altered my plans.

Another thought I've been having today is that I think I'm really going to enjoy this "blogging."

Putting thoughts in writing is a wonderful way to have conversation during some alone time...even if it is one-sided. So please, be sure to comment and make it two-or-more-sided.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job! Joey

Anonymous said...

Your blog is simply lovely, and so are you!

Anonymous said...

You,always haye your heart opened as wide as your arms.
You are a bessing to know.
Linder @~>